Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nature Sampler

For those of you who asked, here is the full picture of NATURE SAMPLER, that I showed just a part of in my last posting....


It's one of my favorite blackwork pieces, and quite large - 14" x 14" on 25 ct. Lugana fabric.

You can see how easy this layout is. Just a simple pattern for the border lines, with lots of boxes to fill with favorite patterns, alternating with backstitched line drawings of favorite nature motifs. And it's finished off with a larger border pattern to surround the whole thing.

This layout can be used for smaller blocks as well. ( A smaller four-patch or nine-patch would be easy to work up.) Something to think about, if you want to create your own blackwork sampler or "doodle cloth" of favorite blackwork patterns....

P.S.: The NATURE SAMPLER and the BLACKWORK PATTERNS book are both available on my website: www.ljperindesigns.com. If you're interested in ordering them, check my weblink listed on the right to get to my website, then check on the ORDER FORM page.

1 comment:

Sophos said...

c'est magnifique !
J'adore !

Je viens de parcourir votre blog, et j'adore vos associations de couleurs et de points.
J'aimerais bien en faire aussi ,-)

Peut-être un peu plus tard !!!!

Bonne journée !
Sophos


c'est magnifique!
Very good!

I have just read your blog, and I love your color combinations and points.
I would also do well, -)

Perhaps a little later!!