Monday, October 13, 2008

THANK YOU, ALL YOU WONDERFUL STITCHERS!

I've just received a special "I Love Your Blog" award from Sunflower Crossing.


May I say here that what makes it EXTRA special to me is knowing that cross-stitchers are finding and reading my blog - which is mostly about counted canvaswork (i.e.: needlepoint!). So: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
It also makes me glad (and proud) to realize that all of us stitchers - no matter what TYPE of stitching we do - are related by a shared passion for our needlework. And no matter how far apart we may be in miles, we are truly close to one another in our hearts and spirits...all because of our love of stitching! Isn't it AMAZING??

We know first-hand how powerful a tiny needle and piece of thread can be, because they have touched and perhaps even changed all our lives, haven't they?

Well, according to the rules of this award:

1. The winner can put the logo on her blog.
2. Link the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of those you’ve nominated.

Well, you know how hard THAT is - I love to read all the blogs posted on the right. Most times I just start at the top, and hop down the list, checking in and reading what all those stitchers are doing...So I'm just gonna close my eyes and stab a random seven, because I enjoy them all SOOO much, and they ALL inspire me to smile and keep stitching!

Here's my list (in no particular order):

It's Not Your Grandmother's Needlepoint
Tintock Tap
Spinster Stitcher
Happy Stitcher
Squiggeeland
Create Needlepoint
NeedleArtNut

P.S. to all you Cross-Stitchers (and you know who you are!): Thank you for reading my counted canvas blog. I hope it inspires you to try some counting on CANVAS one of these days (if you haven't done it already.) It makes a nice change from making all those little xxxxxxx's, don't you know! ....

4 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Congratulations on getting such a nice award! I am glad that you mentioned to the stitchers here to try doing some of the counted canvas work. I have just started doing some of your designs and I love them. It really is a fun change in addition to doing cross stitch! You also learn to do many new specialty stitches and with the beautiful threads out there you get a really pretty look!! Debby :)

Lynne said...

Congratulations on your award. You are one of the main reasons I dug in my closet and pulled out a hand painted canvas that has been waiting OHHHH 16 years or so to be finished. Now I just need to choose new fibers.

Donna said...

I don't know how I've been to your website and missed your blog so many times. But I found it now.

You might want to check mine out. I've got a photo of Amethyst Dreams in progress stitched in black, silver, and gray. I'm making the big push to finish it before the end of the month.

http://majtravaux.blogspot.com

NCPat said...

Thanks for adding my name to the Blog awards!! I will get this passed on shortly!!