Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Pre-Valentine's Day!

So, here's my finished valentine for this year, stitched up from the freebie pattern on my website:


I really thought I was going to do a "winter white" valentine on the red canvas. But then I was browsing through a magazine and saw this red and gold cup and saucer.


And I thought, "Ooooooh, wouldn't a gold valentine look scrumptious on that red canvas?"

So, I pulled some red and gold threads and started stitching right away.
And, in my typical tweeky designer way, I made a few modifications to the original graph as I was stitching.

Check out my heart pattern - Version 2 - on my website, if you want to stitch another heart with a slightly different pattern from the first version.



Oh, and if you want to try a PINK version of the valentine, I'll offer you this magazine photo as inspiration!

(Can't you just see a "winter white" valentine on pink canvas, with just a touch of soft pink metallics?!? Oh, YUM, another deliciously fun idea....)

7 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Coffee and cookies and Valentines? Does life get any better?

Wait! You need a velvet chocolate box version!

Jane, waving and wishing you a romantic Valentine's from CH

Love to Stitch 99 said...

Your lovely valentine looks absolutely delicious (must be thinking about all this wonderful chocolate here) and just in time too as Valentine is just around the corner :-)

Like you I could also see this valentine done in white or pink.

Pierrette =^..^=

Theresa said...

Lovely~~

coffee and cookies sounds pretty good right now~

Christine S said...

It's beautiful!

NCPat said...

These are all yummy!!

SueB said...

gorgeous! absolutely positively gorgeos! (but I agree w Jane, LOL!)

hope you had a t'riffic Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

I love the valentine, but cannot get to your website to get the chart. Is your link broken again?

glenda
http://www.n8kpl.net