Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stitching Miss Daisy


To celebrate the arrival of Spring, I thought I'd share some past spring projects of mine. The first that comes to mind is DAISY O'HARE. I was inspired to create a complex bunny figure that had LOTS of different stuff to stitch, in many different types of threads. (And sometimes, I just have to find a reason to stitch on pink canvas!)

Here's a look at her sweet face:


Her dress was fun to stitch, with lots of different threads and stitches to play with:



And the borders are filled with lots of springy stuff -- flowers of course, plus a gingham ribbon border, where you get a glimpse of the variegated silk thread in the bordering little checkers (I used Waterlilies 028, "Confetti"):


And the top and bottom borders have more Eastery stuff - more flowers, long tied bundles instead of gingham, plus little Easter eggs in each corner!


Someday I hope to stitch up a companion piece that has a boy bunny to keep Daisy company.... but until then I'll just keep stitching away at all my OTHER projects this spring...

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I just bought Miss Daisy the other day, and last night I also bought your lovely Bargello Egg. I can't wait to stitch them! Miss Daisy will be the biggest canvas I have stitched to date.

Thank you for all your lovely designs. You inspire us with your talents.

Wishing you a lovely day. :)

muebles alcala de henares said...

Quite worthwhile material, thanks for your post.