Tuesday, April 10, 2012

New Cyber Class!

"Oh, Spring has sprung;
The grass has riz;
It's time to tell you
What the next Cyber Class is!"

How's that for a silly bit of poetic license?!?

I so enjoyed creating my first cyber class last year, CORSAGE, that I thought it would be fun to use the same design format but change the flower and the stitching patterns.... And this is what I came up with:


I'm calling it "FLEUR-DE-LIS" after the famous flower of French royalty -- the Iris.  It's finished size is 8" x 8" on santa fe sage green mono canvas.  I think I'm entering my "blue phase" of the year, because I really craved working on something blue & green. And because irises come in so many colors, I wanted to focus on a more royal blue this time, like my favorite dwarf irises that have bright gold centers.

I chose the variegated Watercolours 289 - "Lexi's Blues" to create my blue palette, although I also created a purple palette for an additional color option using the always yummy Watercolours 006 - "Amethyst".
Here are the basic thread palettes for the two color options -- BLUE or PURPLE:


Although I hasten to mention that there are lots of other threads used in the piece as well, such as DMC floss, Ribbon Floss, a variegated ThreadworX for the background, and a finer Kreinik braid too.

So if you happen to be in a royal blue mood.... or maybe a royal purple mood.... please visit my website and click on the CYBER CLASS page for more information on this upcoming cyber class.

No comments: