Friday, November 30, 2012

"Fields of Gold" Friday

Last Thanksgiving weekend, I hopped in the car with my camera and took these early morning shots of the hills and vineyards around Cloverdale, which I think is technically called the "Anderson Valley" region of the Sonoma wine country.  The colors were amazing, as I think you'll agree..... 

 

At one point, as I was driving, I paralleled a HUGE flock of starlings (I think that's what these birds are) that migrates through this area every year.  I pulled over to watch as they roosted in a cluster of tall trees, then every now and then rose en masse and circled over the vineyards.  Their noise was a terrific roar; rather like a high-pitched waterfall - constant, deafening and completely overwhelming.

 
 
 
 
Happy Hectic Friday!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Lovely pics! Thanks for sharing.