Thursday, June 12, 2014

A New Pattern For June

I love the dianthus flower in all its many forms...


So when I was thinking about creating a flowery bargello pattern for the summer, the classic "pinks" flower came into my mind, and I was off and stitching!

So now I can share with you my new pattern for June, BARGELLO AND CARNATIONS:



It was a sweet joy to work on this piece, with my most favorite pink and green colors, against a very cool pale blue canvas (it could also be done on pewter, sage green or eggshell canvas as well). The finished size is 10.5" x 10.5" on 18 ct. canvas.  It uses a handful of #5 pearl cottons and a #8 pearl cotton for the background stitching.  Here's an up-close look at the individual flower (really easy stitching, I tell ya), plus a bit of the bargello, background, and border:


I've also included thread choices for a red or blue variation... just in case you prefer red carnations instead of pink ones!  And the blue version could also represent those summery blue cornflowers...

This time around, I decided to use a silver metallic accent, instead of the usual gold metallic, but I'm including BOTH silver and gold round beads in the pattern, so if you prefer gold accents, you'll have the matching beads for it, too.

The pattern also gives you the option of adding a stitched area outside the octagonal corners, if you wanted to frame this piece without getting a specially cut mat.  Just continue stitching the 4-way background stitch in the corner areas, and you have a squared piece to frame -- instead of a more expensive octagonal one!



Anyway, if you like smelling lots of delicious carnations, like I do, please visit my website for all the information regarding my latest design, BARGELLO AND CARNATIONS.

3 comments:

snowpaws said...

oooooooh, I love this. Carnations are my favorite flower. I would love to see a photo of the blue variation threads.

KreinikGirl said...

That's beautiful! Great design.

zenuwpees said...

Treeeeeeeeeeeeeees belle broderie bonne journée Marie-Claire