Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Flowers: NEW DESIGN, Lavender Fields!

Okay, this post isn't really about my usual flower pictures, although here's a shot of the mixture of lavender and roses that went crazy in my front yard, earlier this spring:



But those sweet-smelling lavender bushes got me inspired to design a new geometric design (in the same vein as JEWEL BOX and NORTHERN  LIGHTS) called LAVENDER FIELDS:


I was really itching to stitch after looking through my stash of Watercolours threads, and pulled out a new color, 295, called "Mountain Haze".  Whoa -- fell totally in love with the soft periwinkle blues and greens, and had to design something with it!  It's worked on pewter grey 18 ct. canvas (but you can stitch it on the light blue or sage green canvas as well) and the design size is 10.5" x 10.5".  Lots of fun and easy components to stitch (after CAREFULLY counting all the green border lines - tedious, but absolutely necessary!)   Here's a look up close at one corner:
 

I stitched this model in a PURPLE & GREEN thread combo, but on the pattern I've also included a thread list for a TEAL & GREEN version, for those of you who prefer blues to purples....

So if you get weak in the knees for geometric designs.... and soft periwinkle blues/purples/greens/teals..... you gotta go check out this new design, LAVENDER FIELDS, on my website.  

Sometimes the next best thing to stopping and smelling the roses is to start stitching something NEW!!  HAPPY SUMMERY WEEKEND, STITCHERS....

No comments: